Legal forms of deception

This forum is for discussions that do not fit into any specific forum (yet). Posts made in this forum may be moved in the future.
LunchBreaker
Contributor

Post by LunchBreaker »

There are certain things that are legal but still deceptive, and they bother me. For example, there are artificial sweetener packets that actually contain sugar. Since it's less than five calories per serving, they can write "zero calories".

shpritz
Contributor

Post by shpritz »

Wow! I was not aware of that one. How about diet soda...are there any zero calorie sodas that have some calories. Maybe we should publish a list of known "tricky foods"

Arc
Contributor

Post by Arc »

Organic produce can seem like a good way to avoid dangerous pesticides. The problem is that they are still allowed to use "organic" pesticides, which are natural but just as toxic.

gamanit
Contributor

Post by gamanit »

One that I've mentioned a lot in real life is that Quickbooks Online advertises that you can always switch back to the desktop version if you want to. Of course you can.... technically. You do need a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 though. How many people do you know that still have windows 7?

Cranberry
Contributor

Post by Cranberry »

gamanit wrote: August 27th, 2020, 1:38 pm One that I've mentioned a lot in real life is that Quickbooks Online advertises that you can always switch back to the desktop version if you want to. Of course you can.... technically. You do need a 32 bit version of Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 11 though. How many people do you know that still have windows 7?
I know people who have Windows 7, but 32 bit?!